Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Be Exalted, O Lord - For Your Goodness To Me

Oh Lord, even on my best of days, I am forever reminded of my need to be humble and lowly before You. But of course this is not a bad thing! It rather is a very good thing. It speaks of me coming at least to a passing knowledge of Your Word, and by that to at least a basic knowledge of Who You are as opposed to who I am.

You have taught, and are teaching me to search my heart and to repent. You cause me to see my sin, to see myself as I am and to flee to You for help.

You have said it and have confirmed it with an oath, that you have no pleasure in the death of sinners like me, but rather desire that I should turn and live. (Ezekiel 33:11) Therefore will I rend my heart, and not my garment, and return to the LORD my God; for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. Who knows whether He will not turn and relent, and leave a blessing behind Him?

Actually, because of Christ, we do know! He has relented, He has turned, and He has given blessing. Undeserving as I am, He has blessed me and He will bless me and lift me up. But I must recognize that that blessing and that lifting up is in Christ and in He alone.

Oh Lord, I say with the song, "how can I say thanks for the things you have done for me?" Repetitive as it is, it is all that there is to say.

I thank You that I have an Advocate with the Father, even Jesus Christ the righteous, (1 John 2:1) He is therefore able to save me to the uttermost, as well as all those who draw near to God as a Father, through Him as a Mediator, This is because He always lives to make intercession for His people. (Hebrews 7:25) I thank You that I have a High Priest chosen from among men and appointed to act on behalf of men in relation to God. He offers gifts and sacrifice for sin, and deals gently with the ignorant and wayward; (Hebrews 5:1-2). He has become the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. (Hebrews 5:9)

You have appointed for me a great High Priest, in whose name I may draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that I may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

Lord, what will you do for your great name? (Joshua 7:9) Do this for your great name: Pour out your Spirit on all flesh, (Joel 2:28) and let the word of Christ dwell richly in the hearts of all. (Colossians 3:16)
Be exalted, O Lord, among the nations, be exalted in the earth! (Psalm 46:10)
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth! (Psalm 57:11)
Be exalted, O LORD, in your strength! We will sing and praise your power. (Psalm 21:13)

Lord, do great things with your glorious and everlasting arm, to make for yourself a glorious and everlasting name. (Isaiah 63:12-14) O let your name be magnified forever, saying, ‘The Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, is Israel’s God.’ (1 Chronicles 17:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment