Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Born of Flesh…But I Have An Advocate

I am born of the flesh, and I am flesh. (John 3:6); Dust I am: (Genesis 3:19) I have borne the image of the man of dust; (1 Corinthians 15:49) and in me (that is, in my flesh) dwells nothing good. I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out; for I do not do the good I want, But the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. (Romans 7:18-19).

The only way to escape is to remember and thus to cling with all strength and desperation to the cross of Christ. All else has failed and surely is doomed to fail in the future! It is at His feet and at the foot of His cross and there alone that there is hope.

But blessed be God, there is a way found out of agreeing with our accuser; for if anyone sins, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, and he is the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 2:1-2) For his sake, I entreat you, blot out all my transgressions, (Psalm 51:1) and enter not into judgment with me. (Psalm 143:2)

  • He is my Guarantor, (Hebrews 7:22)
    He restored what he did not steal, (Psalm 69:4)
    He is that blessed Arbiter, who has laid his hand on us both. (Job 9:33)

 

Through him let us be reconciled to God, (2 Corinthians 5:20) and let the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands be cancelled and set aside, being nailed to the cross of Christ, that we may be made alive together with Christ, having all our trespasses forgiven us. (Colossians 2:13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment