Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Week’s End Meditation…

I pray that you will never give me over to my own stubborn heart, to follow my own counsels, (Psalm 81:12) But restrain Satan, that roaring lion who goes about seeking someone to devour; (1 Peter 5:8) and grant that I might not be ignorant of his designs. (2 Corinthians 2:11) Let not Satan have me, to sift me like wheat; or in whatever fashion, let my faith not fail. (Luke 22:31-32) Do not let the messengers of Satan be permitted to harass me; (2 Corinthians 12:7)

But if they do, let your grace be sufficient for me, that where I am weak, there I might be strong, (2 Corinthians 12:9-10) and might be more than a conqueror through Him who loved me. (Romans 8:37)

Let the God of peace crush Satan under my feet, and do it shortly. (Romans 16:20) And since I wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against rulers and authorities and the cosmic powers over this present darkness, (Ephesians 6:12) let me be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. (Ephesians 6:10)

Lord, I have not prayed as I ought: (Romans 8:26) who is there who does good and never sins? (Ecclesiastes 7:20) Even when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand; (Romans 7:21) and if I have the desire to do what is right, I seem not to have the ability to carry it out: For I do not do the good that I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing; (Romans 7:18-19) so that you might justly refuse to hear, even though I make many prayers. (Isaiah 1:15)

But I have a great High Priest, who bears the guilt from the holy things that the people of Israel consecrate as their holy gifts; (Exodus 28:38) For His sake, You have taken away all that guilt from all Your people, (Hosea 14:2) Even all the guilt and iniquity of my holy things, and You have received me graciously and loved me freely, (Hosea 14:4) I can thus trust You not to deal not with me according to my folly. (Job 42:8)

You are the King of ages, immortal, invisible. (1 Timothy 1:17) Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God; (Psalm 90:2) You are the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8) Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away; but you are the same, and your years have no end. (Psalm 102:25-27)

You are God and do not change; therefore I am not consumed. (Malachi 3:6) Are you not from everlasting, O LORD my God, my Holy One? (Habakkuk 1:12) Indeed, You are the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth, who does not faint or grow weary, whose understanding is unsearchable. (Isaiah 40:28)

Thus, I give thanks to the God of gods, to the Lord of lords, for his steadfast love endures forever. (Psalm 136:2-3) Your goodness is Your glory, (Exodus 33:19) and it is for that which all your works give thanks to you and all your saints bless you. (Psalm 145:10) You are gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, (Psalm 145:8) and have told me that You do not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men; but, though You cause grief, You will have compassion according to the abundance of your steadfast love. (Lamentations 3:32-33)

You take pleasure in those who fear you, in those who hope in your steadfast love. (Psalm 147:11)

Lord, I wonder in that You have stretched out the heavens like a tent, (Psalm 104:2) and in them you have set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. (Psalm 19:4-5) And You make Your sun rise on the evil and on the good, and send rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matthew 5:45) When I look at the heavens, the work of your fingers, the sun, the moon, and the stars which you have set in place, I can truly shout: ""What is man that you care for him?" (Psalm 8:3-4). All glory be to the Father of light, (James 1:17) who commands the morning and causes the dawn to know its place. (Job 38:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment