Saturday, September 19, 2009

Praying Along With Psalm 100

1Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!

I want to make a joyful shout Lord, I truly wish it was all lands! I truly wish it was all peoples - it grieves my heart that men dishonor and forget you and treat you as it you were not there. I am not certain sometimes what keeps me from shouting, but for my own pride and my own flesh, my own desire to not appear foolish in the eyes of those same peoples. Lord, show me how I can shout, let me lift my voice and show your glory to all me without reservation and without thought for my own reputation!

2Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.

Pride is a horror to me. Let it not be found in me. Let me be glad to serve and let me be ever seeking to humbly and without thought for self bowing my knee to you. Lord, I give myself to you and let you and your service my all in all. I am nothing and my future is nothing but yours to use. When I in your presence, let that the happiest time there is for me!

3Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

I do know it Lord. Let me now live it in every thing and every thought. Let it rule my every breath and every waking moment. God, I want to be about nothing but the serving of you and your church, at large and at the Church because I know that it you who made me and not I. I know that I am yours and the sheep of your pasture.

4Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

Oh Lord, when I enter your presence, let it not be with a petition on my lips, but with thankful praise in my heart. Let me not come wanting something. But let me come simply because you are my Father and I want to be with you and praise you and thank you for what you have done for me. I don't mean to be trite and meaningless - but Lord, how tiring it must be for you to hear a list of shopping requests all the time. God let me be faithful to pray and to ask for you command me to do so. But let me also be faithful to simply be thankful and full of praise as well! For you are surely a God who deserves both!

5For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

Oh God how can a man even begin to express how good you truly are? How can good, a human word say what God is? We are men and we think in human terms, but you are God. We long for eternity so that we can, at last, see you as you are and have tongues that praise you as you deserve to be praised! O Lord - bring that day quickly. Until then - give us hearts to worship and praise you and tongues that never tire of worshipping and praising.

No comments:

Post a Comment