Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Scriptural Prayer Of Praise for God as Creator (Part 3)

Lord, You are greater even that the greatest strength in Your world! "You established the mountains by Your strength, Being clothed with power; You who still the noise of the seas, The noise of their waves, And the tumult of the peoples."(Ps 65:6-7). Oh Lord, to make such majesty and such great strength You must be all the more strong and majestic. Greatness can only come from that is the more great!

Lord, even the great concepts and guiding precepts of our creations are Yours, you put them in place! They didn't just happen - they were your idea! They didn't just evolve! "The day is Yours, the night also is Yours; You have prepared the light and the sun. You have set all the borders of the earth; You have made summer and winter." (Ps 74:16-17). It is God who set the boundaries of the world in place and the rotations and the orbits of the planets in their cycles. They didn't just happen or evolve over millions of years. Oh Lord, they are the product of your design!

Lord, you designed the skies, the heavens to declare Your glory and to draw our attention to You and focus our hearts on Your glory! "And He built His sanctuary like the heights, Like the earth which He has established forever." (Ps 78:69). Lord, let it do so! Help me to see the skies and the heavens and worship and to praise You! Let me not walk under that canopy and do so without thinking of Your power and Your glory! Teach me more…There is never a time when I know all there is to know about the God of Creation Lord. Show me what a great God you and impress on me more of Who You are by showing me more of Your Creation!

You know them and can reveal them to me for... "The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all its fullness, You have founded them. The north and the south, You have created them...(Ps 89:11-12a). Tell me of them Lord, show them to me, teach me of You as you show them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment