Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rights Group Assailed for Analyst’s Nazi Collection - NYTimes.com

"Now Cain talked with Abel his brother; and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him"[1].

Rights Group Assailed for Analyst’s Nazi Collection - NYTimes.com:

"A leading human rights group has suspended its senior military analyst following revelations that he is an avid collector of Nazi memorabilia." What never fails to amaze me is that there is never a connection between the hatred that men feel for the Jews and the Biblical record of that hatred in the Scripture. Any time I read this kind article I always see it as one more example of the hatred that men have for the people that God has chosen and called His own. Ultimately that hatred is also a demonstration of hatred for Him as well.

Now, it is not my purpose here to develop a theological argument defending the premise, but I believe that this is the root of anti-semitism. Ultimately, it has little to do with the Jews themselves. It is another expression of rebellion against the God of the Scripture. He is not permitted to do and be as He chooses. He cannt select a people and blesses them, giving to them a land and what blessings He desires. He must give those belssings to my nation and under my gods name as well, or to my nation and my religion's banner exclusively as the case may be. The rebellion is framed in whatever language I can muster, in whatever language and verbiage I can put together, that is acceptable to me and to my social group; but it rebellion none-the-less. Just as Cain brought his own offering and was insulted when God refused it, and then, in anger struck down Abel; so also the unredeemed of the world are simply insulted and angry (an oversimplification I know)that God has refused their offering and they are seeking to strike down the one whom they can see God has blessed. It is an attemt to strike back at the One against Whom they cannot strike.

Of course, this is met with virulent denials. For this antisemitism is most often couched itself in relgious overtones. But then, that is the nature of false religion. Rebellion against God is, by its nature, a religion in an of itself. It is the religion of "self-agrandizement" and "self-satisfaction". I will do what I want, the way I want, and no, and I mean no one (including God) will tell me any differently. Oh, these folks are religious alright, but their religion is the religon of Cain.

_________________________________

[1] The New King James Version. 1982 (Ge 4:8). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment