Monday, September 14, 2009

Scriptural Prayer Of Praise for God as Creator

O Lord you created the heavens and the earth...and all the host of them, were finished…And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done…and it was good! Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. You are the Creator God and your strong arm created all that is! Nothing exists hat You did bring to pass. The processes you set in motion either directly or indirectly are responsible for all that is.

You formed me of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and I became a living being and I praise you for it. I am made in the likeness of God, fearfully and wonderfully - show me what that means! How glorious that is!

How marvelous is it that "in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it." Surely you are God and no man could do anything like that!

David said you are a God "Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them." When I consider the abundance and the variety of all that is there Lord it boggle my mind - but then when I consider the God of the heavens - I am not amazed because I know you are who you are!

Samuel said that “the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, And He has set the world upon them". The picture of you that this draws for us is a God so mighty that it comforts and encourages us to trust you without question.

On the day David brought the Tabernacle to Jerusalem and put it in Tabernacle he praised you saying: "For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But the Lord made the heavens." Of a truth, Lord - I look around and that is the case today as well - all of the gods of our world are but idols as well. They are dumb pieces of stone, figments of the depraved imagination of men. Only you are God - only you are the Creator, only You are to be worshipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment