Thursday, September 17, 2009

Scriptural Prayer Of Praise for God as Creator (Part 4)

Ah Lord God, You have been my dwelling place, and not mine alone, You have been our dwelling place, the dwelling place of Your people for all generations. There is no doubt that You are God and that You are sovereign for before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, as David proclaimed, You are God. (Ps 90:2). In Your hand are the deep places of the earth; places I've never seen or even thought of. The heights of the hills are Yours also. Likewise the sea is Yours, for You made it; and Your hands formed the dry land. How can I help but fall down and worship, but bow down and worship a God such as this. How can I not kneel before the Lord my Maker? For He is My God, and I am, we are the people of His pasture. Moreover, we are sheep cared for and protected by His own good, right hand (Ps 95:4-7).

Lord, I long to see the face of He Who, of old, laid the foundations of the earth. It is my heart's desire to come and to dwell with Him whose work is the heavens above. I know I will come to You, all of Your children will. The heavens and the earth will perish, but You will endure; they will all grow old like a garment and like a cloak You will change them and behold!; they will be changed. Ah! But You are the same, and Your years will have no end. The children of Your servants will continue, and their descendants will be established before You.” (Ps 102:26-28). Lord, I long for that day - the longer I live the great that longing becomes!

No comments:

Post a Comment